And His Plan For Your Life Is Christ-centered
God’s Purpose For You: Peace With Him, And A More Abundant Life
God loves you and wants you to experience peace with Him. This would include the assurance of eternal life with Him, and a more abundant (though not necessarily easy) life in this world.
- In the Bible, the Apostle Paul wrote to the Christians in Rome, “…we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.” Romans 5:1
- Jesus Taught, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” John 3:16
- “…I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” John 10:10b
Since God desires for you to experience peace with Him, everlasting life and a more abundant earthly life, what is in the way? You are!
Without Christ (Who Died In Your Place And On Your Behalf) Being The Center Of Your Life, You Are Separated From God
You are inherently sinful.
- Paul taught, “If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.” Romans 7:16-25
You have wilfully disobeyed God and gone your own way.
- “For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God.” Romans 3:23
- “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:6
There is a consequence.
- “For the wages of sin is death,…” Romans 6:23a
And, God provided The Substitute that would reconcile you to God.
- “…but, the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23b
- “For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life. And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement. Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:” Romans 5:10-12
The truth is, apart from God, you are spiritually dead in your sins.
- Paul told the Christians, “And you were dead in your trespasses and sins, in which you formerly walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, of the spirit that is now working in the sons of disobedience. Among them we too all formerly lived in the lusts of our flesh, indulging the desires of the flesh and of the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest.” Ephesians 2:1-3
Your hope is that God will make you alive in Christ.
- Paul continued, “But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved. And God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus, in order that in the coming ages he might show the incomparable riches of his grace, expressed in his kindness to us in Christ Jesus.” Ephesians 2:4-7
Your Futile Attempts At Righteousness Before God Might Include Good Works, Morality, Religiosity, Or A Self-help Philosophy.
These attempts result only in self-righteousness. There is no man-made formula or method for connecting with God, nor any performance that will please God.
- “But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.” Isaiah 64:5-7
- “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.” Proverbs 14:12
- “But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid His face from you, that He will not hear.” Isaiah 59:2
Even trying to obey the law of God, found in the Ten Commandments (at least one of which you are guilty of violating), can’t bring you peace with God, nor justify you before God.
- “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” James 3:10
- “Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight:… Romans 3:20a
- “But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident:” Galations 3:11
But by the Commandments, you have the simple knowledge that you are a sinner.
- “Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.” Romans 3:19-20
- “Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.” Gal. 3:24-2
Then, how can you be justified (made right) before God? By God’s grace (underserved favor).
- “Being justified freely by his grace (undeserved favor from God)through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.” Romans 3:24, 28
- “Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: Romans 5:1
- “Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.” Romans 5:9
Which brings us to the one remedy for this problem of separation,…and God himself provided that Way.
God’s Remedy: The Cross.
Jesus Christ is God’s single solution to this broken relationship between God and people. He died on the Cross and rose from the grave, paying the penalty for our sin and thus reconciling those who will believe in His Way, to Himself.
The Bible Says…
- “Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.” John 14:6
- “For their is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ;” 1 Timothy 2:5
- “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God…” 1 Peter 3:18a
- “But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- “For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.” Romans 5:10
- “For he himself is our peace, who has made the two [Jews and Gentiles] one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace, and in this one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.” Ephesians 2:14-18
- So, God has provided the only way. Your Response:
- “Jesus therefore answered and said unto them, Murmur not among yourselves.No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day…And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.” John 6:43-44, 65
If you believe that God is drawing you to Jesus, you will receive, believe in and commit to following Jesus Christ, which involves agreeing that you are a sinner who must repent (decide to turn away from your sinful lifestyle) and begin obeying the Word of the Lord.
The Bible says…
- “But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” John 1:12-13
- “If ye love me, keep my commandments… Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.” John 14:15, 23
- “Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized everyone of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall recieve the gift of the Holy Ghost.”
- Recounting to Christians, how they were saved, Paul wrote: “In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation–having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise,who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God’s own possession, to the praise of His glory.” Ephesians 1:13-14
Is there any good reason why you cannot receive Jesus Christ right now?
How To Receive Christ…
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the Cross for your sins and rose from the grave for your newness of life.
- Receive Him as Lord and Savior.
- Admit you are sinner, and turn from your former sins (repent).
God’s Assurance: His Word
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
Do you sincerely believe in and did you receive Jesus Christ? If so, then you are now a child of God.
- “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.” John 1:12-13
- “For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” Ephesians 2:8,9
- “He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God, that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” 1 John 5:12-13
Receiving Christ, we are born into God’s family through the supernatural work of the Holy Spirit who indwells every believer…this is called regeneration or the “new birth.”
This is just the beginning of a wonderful new life in Christ. To deepen this relationship you should:
1. Regularly read your Bible to get to know God/Christ/Holy Spirit better.
2. Regularly talk to God.
3. Tell others about your decision.
4. Worship, fellowship, and serve with other Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is taught.
5. As Christ’s representative in a needy world, demonstrate your new life by your love and concern for others.
Let us know if you surrendered your life to Christ.